Families are fragile and when a crisis comes up, young children are most vulnerable. UICS is here to empower families and that includes helping them through unexpected emergency situations.
Through the UICS Emergency Assistance Program, we provide rent assistance to prevent eviction or foreclosure; utility assistance for families in danger of service termination; and bus vouchers and gas cards to ensure individuals have transportation to medical appointments or a job interview.
To receive utility assistance, applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Have a disconnection/final notice
- Have a source of verifiable income and meet income guidelines
- Must be a resident of Jackson County
- Have a state-issued ID & Social Security card for each member of the household
- Have made a personal payment in the last 90 days
- The bill must be in the name of the applicant and a co-payment may be required.
Use our Contact Form to reach our Emergency Assistance Department or call 816-994-5400.