The arts are ever-present at EarlystART.
We encourage individuality and support exploration. At our three centers, we inspire students to march to their own beats and do what works for them. We cultivate open-mindedness and creativity in all that we do: from our playgrounds which are musically themed with chimes and drums, to the Mamie Lee Isler Early Childhood Theater at St. Mark Center where music, drama, and other performance arts are center-stage year-round.
EarlystART is distinguished for its arts-based curriculum which not only enhances students’ developmental progress but also enriches their lives through exposure to arts and cultural experiences including:
- Curriculum-integrated art activities for students of age six weeks to five years;
- Therapeutic arts experiences for children who may have experienced trauma;
- Exhibitions that serve as learning and engagement springboards for student and community activities;
- Family festivals and arts events including an Annual Fall Festival;
- The after-school Stay & Play Art Studio for parents and students;
- Exposure to arts experiences and performances on-site and around Kansas City for the enjoyment of the neighboring community.
Why are the arts important in early education? Watch this video to learn more.